Foundation Fund for Donations
The Breast Risk Assessment and Prevention Program is funded by the Nash Health Care Foundation to promote community awareness, preventative care, and treatment plans for the uninsured, under-insured, and indigent population. Referrals for this program are in partnership with the Nash and Edgecombe County Health Departments and the Rural Health Group in Roanoke Rapids, N.C. The Nash Breast Care Center aims to reach those at risk, serve more patients, and save more lives.
Breast Care Center: Breast Risk Assessment and Prevention Program
• Funds disbursed as of Dec. 2016: $66,576
384 procedures and 191 patients completed
• Screening mammograms
• Diagnostic mammograms
• Breast Ultrasound
• Stereotactic biopsies
• Breast ultrasound and lymph node biopsies
• Pathology fees
• Radiologist reading fees
27 free mammograms scheduled for OIC patients in November.
The Nash Breast Care Center is made up of a dedicated and caring team of specialists working with the latest in breast cancer technologies, including 3-D mammograms.
The Center serves the patients of Nash, Edgecombe, Halifax, Wilson, Martin and Franklin Counties with superior quality care.
Here are just some of the qualifications and accolades of Nash Breast Care Center:
- Fellowship trained Breast Imagers
- On-site mammogram interpretation
- The radiologist speaks personally with each diagnostic patient and discusses management options
- The radiologist contacts the referring physician when patients need image-guided biopsies
- Most biopsy results are discussed with the patient and the referring physician within 48-hours
- For patients with breast cancer diagnoses, our nurse navigator works with the referring clinician and helps guide the patient through her care
- Screens every patient for Hereditary Breast and Ovarian Cancer Syndrome
- Genetic counseling and testing provided on-site
- Breast Cancer Support Group (B.R.A.S.) for information on upcoming meetings, click here.
- American College of Radiology's Breast Imaging Center of Excellence designation
- Member of National Consortium of Breast Centers (NCBC)
- Pink Ribbon Center, Recognized for Excellence in Breast Imaging http://pinkribbon.hologic.com
Breast Care in our Community
- Most common cancer in women in US besides some skin cancers
- More women in our area are diagnosed and die from breast cancer than national and North Carolina averages
- Roughly 10% of breast cancer has genetic/familial component